Saturday, November 10, 2007

attitude adjustment.

Knowledge puffs up, but love builds up. 2The man who thinks he knows something does not yet know as he ought to know. 3But the man who loves God is known by God. (1 Corinthians 8)

I've been in a mess lately about school. I think this verse really speaks to me because it sheds light on my attitude, and urges me to change my disposition. School should not be the focal point of my life; it should not dictate my behavior and actions and it should never justify my cruelty, annoyance, and bad nature. In short, I cannot be cranky in lieu of school.

I need to have an attitude adjustment, and just hoping to be nicer will not work. I need to love unconditionally just like God loves me. No matter what people do or say, I need to really keep in mind that I am a follower of Christ. I want them to know His love, and the only way I can do that is by sharing His love with them.

But before all of that, I need to love God and be known by Him. Otherwise, all my efforts to be cordial are phony. I want to be genuine and not fake.

No comments: