Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Do not worry.

33But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. 34Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own. (Matthew 6)

Every now and then I must remind myself how important it is to seek God and His kingdom first. I get so caught up in this life and I become so entrapped in the worries of the day that my perspective gets blurry. My vision becomes restricted to my cares and wants alone, and I forget the important, eternal matters entirely. Life is not just about this moment or tomorrow's; life transcends into something that will last forever.

I need to stop worrying. I can't worry about petty, trivial things anymore because it is not worth it. And when I do fall into a pattern of daily anxiety, I must realize that such a lifestyle is a salient warning that my priorities are not right. If I am truly seeking God first, then those worries will be abated, my trust will be restored in Him, and I can live life eternally-minded.

No comments: