Wednesday, October 3, 2007

for the love of MONEY.

13"No servant can serve two masters. Either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and Money."

The love of money comes so naturally. We all love it and want it. We are born being greedy. However, the more we get it, the more we become dictated by it. We begin to work so hard to get our hands on it. We start to sacrifice so much for it. And, we do things we wouldn't have done before because of it.

How do we simplify our lives? How do we get rid of that desire for more earthly riches? It's just stuff, right??? But we crave this stuff to fill our houses, in every nook and cranny, and then in the storage shed and garage, under our beds and throughout our closets, and then shipped off to the good-will or causally tossed in the trash bin. It drives us crazy...It just doesn't make sense.

I need to reorganize my life. I think in so many ways, I've put others before God. I cannot serve more than two masters. And, really, the master I am serving right now sucks.

God,

Please hear my sincere plea: I want You to be my master. Help me to be Your humble servant.

No comments: