Friday, January 19, 2007

To Seek and To Save

"..the Son of Man has come to seek and to save that which was lost." Luke 19:10

Jesus makes the above statement during his visit to Zacchaeus' house. The remark implies the idea that God has predestined and preselected us even before we ever make the decision to choose Him. He is the one who seeks us and offers us restoration. Our decision oft times is the evidence that He chose us first.

In this passage, Zacchaeus climbs the tree, endeavoring to see Jesus; however, it is Jesus who comes over to Zacchaeus, initially, and says, "Zacchaeus, make haste and come down, for today I must stay at your house." (v. 5) Jesus knows his name, addressing him so, and Jesus is fully aware of Zacchaeus' heart and his intention to receive God's presence.

It's a wonderful thought, knowing that God picks us individually, identifies personally with us, and then desires for us to get to know Him better. It makes me feel completely special, realizing that God takes the time to find me and restore me. Although I may be lost, He wants me.

Dear God,

Thank You for wanting me. Thank You for choosing me. I don't know why, but I am ever grateful.

No comments: