Tuesday, June 19, 2007

unlimited patience.

15Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners—of whom I am the worst. 16But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his unlimited patience as an example for those who would believe on him and receive eternal life. 17Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory for ever and ever. Amen. (1Timothy 1)

There is hope for the worst of us. Despite our flaws, our mistakes, and our mishaps, God is able to redeem. We should never consider ourselves unsaveable, unreachable, unredeemable... because of what we are and what we've done, though we should always remember that we are undeserving of anything good. Jesus' very purpose was to save sinners; there is no exception because His patience is unlimited.

I get easily irritated by the reckless mentality of this world; I become annoyed by the blatant selfishness of the people I encounter; I am vexed, angered, and tired of people making stupid choices. However, a clear look in the mirror will show me one of the worst people in the world...me. Why am I so bad? I think it's because I know and I still do.

Anyway, I am so glad God isn't like me; He's patient beyond all measure and thus He is able to love me. May our love become more like His, enriched with abundant patience.

No comments: