Saturday, September 1, 2007

enemies.

2 May those who seek my life
be put to shame and confusion;
may all who desire my ruin
be turned back in disgrace. (Psalm 70)

No matter how hard I try to be nice to people, there are always those who want me to fall, to stumble, to suffer. I just want to get along with everyone, but their agendas and personal motives cause conflict and needless strife. I can't do anything to prevent it; I am doomed to be attacked, to be taken advantage of, to be humiliated. It's just the way this world operates. You will have enemies, whether or not you make them. They will just be in your life...plain and simple.

I know we are to love our enemies, but I think God wants to protect us from a certain amount of damage our enemies afflict upon our souls. He won't allow them to do harm to our hearts, if we trust in Him. So, venegence is His...and that's not a bad thing.

We just have to give it all to Him. We can never try to fight back. Our weapons are worthless; it'll only do worst damage, probably enraging our opponents even more. Instead, we just lay it all before God and watch Him take care of our wars and battles.

No comments: