Thursday, September 13, 2007

weight.

"Our offenses and sins weigh us down, and we are wasting away because of [b] them. How then can we live?" (Ezekiel 33:10)

Often times I feel so burdened. There's so much that I carry. There are things from the past I can't seem to let go. There are things that haven't even come into fruition that I am so anxious about. And there are simply things I carry that are filled with pain, doubt, and uncertainty that weary me. They make me wonder how I can even live life especially if I dread it so much. If life is as terrible as I live it, is it even worth living? And if I begin to ask myself these kinds of questions, then I really ought to question what I am doing wrong. I know for a fact that the weight I carry is for one, a deliberate choice. And for two, the load I carry is filled with sin. Therefore, I choose to sin and consequently, I choose to
live this wretched life.

God doesn't want us to carry the load of sin. He wants us to give it up, but what is so enticing about a package of hurt and a potential explosive? What is so alluring about becoming exhausted from hauling unnecessary guilt, pain, and anxiety? If it's
not fun, which seems obvious, then why do we partake in such a task? One word: control. We like to carry our own weight. We like the feeling of holding our own, to our own demise.

Controlling something, even if it is our lives, if it leads to failure is clearly the wrong choice. We have a shepherd that wants to take care of us, in every possible way. We just have to allow Him to lead...allow Him to provide...and allow Him to take our burdens, and sometimes even carry us...

No comments: