Monday, September 3, 2007

trusting...part what?

7 The works of his hands are faithful and just;
all his precepts are trustworthy. (Psalm 111)

I am feeling kinda crappy, to say the least. Every now and then a recurring issue surfaces, and I just want to shove it down the drain. But I ended up nearly drowning, hardly breathing, never seeing, failing and frailing from the futile tries. I sink and sink, deeper than anything so heavy as my woes. I look up to see them ahead of each movement I take. They hover above me, casting a weary shadow over my future, over my life. What should I do?

If everything God does is faithful and is just, why should I worry? Even if I do worry, nothing's going to improve. Nothing will change with each thought I give. I'll still be stuck in that pitiful puddle of misery. If I cease from caring, where will that leave me? Indifference is not the answer. What should I do?

If His precepts are trustworthy, that means that if I do what He tells me to do, then I will be okay. I can trust His direction. But what is His direction? What if I don't want to go that way? What if that way looks scary and bleak? Should I go anyway? What if that way isn't even His way? How will I know?

When everything's okay, one has a difficult time understanding the distress of a person who is in a state of confusion. For that person who is confused, what should he do? Trusting God is hard. But not trusting God seems a bit harder. The hard situation will not disappear no matter what. But the hard situation can end in two ways. One is hard. The other isn't. Hm...

No comments: