Sunday, September 16, 2007

homework and chores.

2 You will eat the fruit of your labor;
blessings and prosperity will be yours. (Psalm 128)

I am so lazy, so apathetic, so tired. I'm so worn out. I think about all the things that keep piling up on my list of things to do and I shudder. I get anxious and I get nervous. I dread with a dread that fills my day with despair...and yet, I don't get on the ball. I don't cease my listlessness. I don't halt my procrastination. I don't avoid my distractions. I just fret as if that is somehow producing anything. It's not.

We were meant to work hard, to labor with our hands and minds. If we reject the task at hand, we will ultimately gain nothing. However, if we work with the mentality of persistence and diligence, we will reap bounty. God will honor our labors if we do it with a heart of purity. Even if the task seems so meaningless like homework or chores, God wants us to do it with all our heart unto Him. With that said, I need to start finishing up my homework and chores. :)

No comments: