Thursday, August 16, 2007

bad attitude.

5 Good will come to him who is generous and lends freely,
who conducts his affairs with justice. (Psalm 112)

It is important for us not to only love God and serve Him, but to also love and serve those around us. Our demonstration of love for Him is through our love for others. Everyone. It's easy to love people who want to be loved, but what about the people who constantly reject us? I don't want to get hurt by their rejection, and I suppose that's when my pride interferes with how I conduct myself, and I end up having a bad attitude.

Without a doubt, there are people out who put up a front that they don't want to be loved. Or at least that's how it feels. They make everything an argument. They can't help but fight and make things harder than they have to be. It's so utterly frustrating.

But God desires for us to be generous and kind. To be just and fair. We shouldn't assume that they're wrong. We should never take that judgment into our own hands. Rather, we need to simply be humble and to be loving regardless of who the person is....

Obviously, this devotion is a stretch for the verse I chose. But I guess it's just on my heart because I had an incident today. I just want to get along with people, but sometimes it's almost impossible. Nevertheless I need to be generous with my patience, with my sympathy, with my love, and with my prayer. They just might be having a bad day...and why should that result in me getting a bad attitude???

No comments: