Wednesday, August 22, 2007

His plans.

For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. 12 Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. 13 You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. 14 I will be found by you," declares the LORD, "and will bring you back from captivity. [b] I will gather you from all the nations and places where I have banished you," declares the LORD, "and will bring you back to the place from which I carried you into exile." (Jeremiah 29)

We hurt. We cry. We suffer. But pain is only temporary. The tragedy only momentary. What God has in store for us transcends the here and now. He has a specific plan for each one us that includes everything that we could ever hope for.

Because we are just human, it is difficult to understand time. To try to gaze into the distant future is futile because our perspective is marred. We don't see what God's see. We are frightened because we think our pathetic state of existence can never change for the good. We are depressed because we only foresee shadows and gloom up in the road ahead; however, God's plan for us is beyond that. It is marked out completely. There is a goal. There is a trail. It might seem a bit bumpy, but it's there.

If we seek Him and His ways, He will allow us to find Him and His ways. We just have to be persistent. The trials, though many and sometimes overwhelming, will pass and we will one day see His marvelous plans unfold for us.

No comments: