Friday, August 10, 2007

path

16 This is what the LORD says:
"Stand at the crossroads and look;
ask for the ancient paths,
ask where the good way is, and walk in it,
and you will find rest for your souls.
But you said, 'We will not walk in it.' (Jeremiah 6)

There exist such a path, a path that will lead us to God and to what is good, but it is not one that is easily marked. It is not even one that we can take casually or traversed by accident. No, it takes effort. It requires us to "look", to search and seek it earnestly. It also demands us to "ask" and to inquire, not just aimlessly or blindly walk it, but to know why and how we walk it. Nevertheless it is there, and many have traveled it and found what they were looking for.

Even though it exists, people don't take it. I don't take it sometimes. Lately, I have been so consumed with school that devotional time has taken a backseat. I think it was evident in the way I conducted myself over the past month. I've been terribly miserable and on edge. Worst yet, I just finished my calculus final today, and I feel completely empty...what a waste.

Well, God wants us to find that path that leads us away from the darkness and into His arms...and to find rest...rest...rest for our souls! Nothing else in the world can guarantee that!

No comments: