Friday, July 6, 2007

sowing wind.

7 "They sow the wind
and reap the whirlwind. (Hosea 8)

What is it that I spend most of time doing? Am I just sowing the wind, of which the seeds are empty, worthless, and void of any value? Because if I am, if I have dedicated any part of my being to something that is as empty as the wind, I will surely reap the whirlwind. Contrary to what I might hope for, opposite of what I may perceive, I will not simply gain nothingess or end up empty handed like the wind, but rather I will experience the destruction and catastrophe of wasting my time and effort...I will be caught in the whirlwind of this world.

I want to sow seeds that have meaning, that will yield abundant crop. The only way I can be productive is by abiding in the Vine, and then the fruit I bear will be of the Spirit.

No comments: