Sunday, July 1, 2007

trust.

22 Stop trusting in man,
who has but a breath in his nostrils.
Of what account is he? (Isaiah 2)

Much of my woe is derived from trusting in men, and then feeling the disappointment and letdown of their failure. How often I have entrusted my heart to people, how many times have I hoped in mankind, how quickly have I become vulnerable in the hands of family and friends to be hurt because of their inconsideration and negligence?

I believe most of my pain is from trusting people. I'm not saying that we should live our lives cynically. Or that we should just assume the worst in everybody. However, we should NEVER, NEVER, NEVER trust anyone more than we trust God. We should always keep a little part of our heart conscious of the fact that someone, anyone, everyone might hurt us. While we should reserve a big part of our heart in an awareness that God will NEVER hurt us or let us down. If we live with this mentality, I think we would be less vulnerable.

No comments: